Man is an animal suspended in webs of significance that he himself has spun...

Friday, January 10, 2014

Maps, Maps, Maps

This one just came up on my Facebook feed.  This post is from A Sheep No More offers 40 maps to help you (and me) make sense of the world.

My favorite?  The flashy Map 10:  Global Internet Usage Based on Time of Day.

If you have time this weekend to read after you've caught up on your sleep I recommend Simon Garfield's On the Map:  A Mind-Expanding Exploration of the Way the World Looks.  This was a quick but fun read.

For something equally enjoyable but a bit more challenging, try Kaplan's The Revenge of Geography.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

4 comments:

Betty said...

How about a world map showing countries with citizenship-based taxation?

Catherine said...

Well that was enjoyable! Maps are just fascinating.

Marie said...

Would you believe, I saw this book in the local library here in Australia - my husband loves maps and I checked it out for him. He is poring over it this weekend as I write this :-)

Victoria FERAUGE said...

@Betty, but it would be so boring with only two countries! :-)

@Catherine, I agree! Makes a lot of things so much clearer.

@Marie, Which one? Kaplan or Garfield. Both are good...