New Flophouse Address:

You will find all the posts, comments, and reading lists (old and some new ones I just published) here:
https://francoamericanflophouse.wordpress.com/

Thursday, April 11, 2013

What's Up in the Flophouse Garden

OK, I promised (and my mom reminded me) that I would post pictures of the garden.  I originally wanted to wait for a sunny day before hauling out my camera but those are few and far between these day in Versailles.  Best to just accept and make the best of the light we have.

So here's what's up so far:


The green onions and lettuce are up and looking good.


The raspberries all have green leaves.  Very pretty.  The fence is hideous, however.


The perennial bed in the back is an explosion of color.  Here are peonies, tulips, daffodils and many other things all planted by the former owner.  I have cautiously added in iris, a day lily and some hostas.


I started planting some of the pots I rehabilitated.  This one found a home on a ring set into the wall on the front porch.



The forsythia is magnificent.  The lilac behind it is just getting started.  The white shrub in the front is not my thing at all.  I'm seriously thinking about committing shrub murder....


The great thing about having an overgrown and out of control forsythia is that I have plenty of branches that I can bring inside the house.  The vase is from my favorite garden store in Tokyo.  The picture on the wall is from India and was a gift from my staff in Pune.  The dresser comes from Seattle and was given to me by my mother.


And this is the view of the back garden from my dining room window.  I usually write on the table in this room and when I look up from my keyboard, this is what I see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love it, Victoria and can see why it brings peace when you need it most.

Unknown said...

I love it, Victoria and can understand how it brings peace when you need it most.
Thinking of you tomorrow
y