Man is an animal suspended in webs of significance that he himself has spun...

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Snowing Again in Versailles

Global warming?

Really.

The snow started falling this morning as I walked to church and it was coming down hard when I left.  The ladies at church loaned me an umbrella and insisted that I take the bus home.

It wasn't sticking so I didn't worry and then about an hour ago the temperature dropped and I saw the white stuff piling up in the garden.  Here's a picture I took before the sun went completely down.



If you are in Paris area and were considering going out and out, I'd rethink that.  Stay home and stay safe.  On a day like today I cook comfort food.  Something from The Garlic Lover's Cookbook (1980 edition) from Gilroy, the Capital Garlic of the World sounds about right.


4 comments:

P. Moore said...

I hope your daughter in Montreal does not laugh at you considering the blast they got in the past couple of days. Of course Montreal and Versailles is not a fair comparison when it comes to snow fall.

Mike said...

Will consult on IKEA furniture for food (especially those pancakes and waffles). Oy vey!

Anonymous said...

Well, I would send you a picture of my snow situation but I am in white-out conditions where I am. Not good for skiing (crash) but tomorrow it is supposed to be partly cloudy and still about 0 C no snow (Thursday as well) so good time to hit the slopes for two days.

Good luck at OECD.
JEFFERSON D TOMAS

Victoria FERAUGE said...

@P. Moore Yep, I think she would have found the sight of us quaking in our boots over 2 cm to be really really funny.

@Mike, No need for an Ikea technician. Am looking for someone to go to the jeudis musicaux at the castle with me though. :-)

@Jefferson, Thank you so much for the good vibes. They sustained me in the belly of the beast.. It went well. Hope the report is useful. You should see my notes. :-) Hope you got to go skiing.